This is an DFCST Level 2 Customised Award. Many organisations, agencies and individuals may have responsibilities to children young people and vulnerable adults that they come across in their work.
This training will highlight government guidance and organisational policies and procedures with regarding working safely with children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is a good starting point for all staff at all levels and will not only provide sound knowledge and guidance but will support you and your organisation to ensure that all the correct policies, procedures and support are in place.
It will assist you to understand your roles and responsibilities to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults at risk in line with HM Government Guidance: Working together to Safeguard Children and the London Procedures for Adults at Risk
This course will assist you to:
- Outline what protocols and guidance should be in place to comply with statutory guidance and legislation
- Understand your role, responsibilities and behaviour required
- Raise awareness of the risks of working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Raise awareness of the risks faced by children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Understand the signs and indicators of abuse
- Know when and how to take immediate action
- Know your role and responsibilities how to record and report abuse
Organisations, agencies and individuals who have responsibilities to children young people and vulnerable adults