SAFEGUARDING: CHILDREN & VULNERABLE ADULTS
Many organisations, agencies and individuals who do not directly work with such groups may mistakenly believe that they do not have responsibilities to children, young people and vulnerable adults that they come across in the course of their work. Recent prosecutions tell a different story.
This training will highlight government guidance and organisational policies and procedures with regard to working safely with children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is a good starting point for all staff at all levels and will not only provide sound knowledge and guidance but will support you and your organisation to ensure that all the correct policies, procedures and support are in place.
It will assist you to understand your roles and responsibilities to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults at risk in line with HM Government Guidance: Working Together to Safeguard Children and the London Procedures for Adults at Risk.
This course will assist you to:
- Outline what protocols and guidance should be in place to comply with statutory guidance and legislation
- Understand your role, responsibilities and behaviour required
- Raise awareness of the risks of working with children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Raise awareness of the risks faced by children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Identify the different forms of abuse and where it can take place
- Understand the signs and indicators of abuse
- Know when and how to take immediate action
- Know your role and responsibilities how to record and report abuse
The course is comprehensive. However if a focus is required on more specific groups such as: child sexual exploitation, trafficking, domestic violence, street population, then we can tailor the course to focus on these groups.
Anyone in a customer facing role.