The course is suitable for anyone new to presenting at meetings, workshops or more formal meetings small or large. The course is designed to show you how to successfully develop subject material and effectively deliver that information to the target audience. On this course delegates will acquire essential tools, skills and methods and discuss specific issues and identify areas for improvement.
This course will assist you to:
- Understand the importance of excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The need for preparation and how to plan clear objectives and construct and deliver your presentation.
- The required learning environment and the importance of the use of summaries and evaluation.
- Identify and make the most of preferred understanding styles.
- Methods for understanding and successfully dealing with a “difficult” or resistant audience.
- How to encourage enthusiasm, involvement and commitment.
Anyone new to presenting at meetings, or taking on presentation responsibilities within their existing role, or experienced presenters wishing to refresh skills.
One-day attendance plus one day prior learning and preparation via the DF:CST Blended Learning programme.