‘Giving Back and Contributing to the Future’: The mentor’s role is to use their own experience and wisdom to support the others through a process that will enable them to achieve their potential, to make progress and to reflect on problems in order to move forward.
Mentoring provides a wealth of benefits research shows that mentoring helps young people in many ways, from improved academic achievements to enhanced self-image and confidence.
This course will assist you to:
- Understand the role of a mentor
- Finding out your assigned persons needs
- Know the importance of realistic goal setting
- Know how to run and sustain the mentoring process
- Know and what additional support is in place
- Understand and successfully manage the boundaries and safe working practices
Anyone with an interest in mentoring, staff, carers, youth workers, out reach workers, volunteers