LAW: EQUALITIES ACT 2010
The Equalities Act 2010 introduced new information and has implemented change in relation to the law around diversity, equality and types of discrimination. It will examine the nine protected characteristics and look at an individual’s and organisational responsibilities to others.
This course enables you to:
- Know what equality legislation is new and what has changed;
- Understand what the Equality Act does
- Know the nine protected characteristics contained in the Equality Act 2010
- Understand the Human Rights Act 1998
- Define diversity, equality and equal opportunities.
- Understand prejudice and discrimination in our society.
- Know the key legislation that supports the diversity and equality agenda.
- Implement professional standards of behaviour in the workplace.
All staff, volunteers and contracted.
Half-day and available as a distance learning refresher