FIRST RESPONDER: MAJOR INCIDENTS AND CRIME SCENES
This course prepares front line officers and staff for all eventualities when out and about in their communities. If they are the first on the scene of a major incident or crime scene having the right skills can minimise the harm to themselves and others. Early intervention can ensure that best practice procedures and assistance are implemented at the earliest possible opportunity.
This course enables you to:
- Know emergency planning contingencies and crime scene preservation
- Understand priorities, roles and responsibilities
- Know what to consider when making a risk assessment
- Understand and apply cordons and scene management
- Communicate relevant information to appropriate emergency services
- Understand risks levels fluctuate and the importance of exit strategies
- Effectively, record, report and handover
Front line officers and staff who are regularly providing services and support in the community.