FIRST RESPONDER: DIRECTING TRAFFIC AND MANAGING CROWDS
This course prepares front line officers and staff for all eventualities when out and about in their communities. If they are the first on the scene of an accident or incident having the right skills can minimise the harm to themselves and others. Early intervention ensures that best practice procedures and assistance are implemented at the earliest possible opportunity.
This course enables you to:
- Understand priorities, roles and responsibilities
- Know what to consider when making a risk assessment
- Communicate relevant information to appropriate services
- Know the basic rules of safe traffic and crowd direction
- Know what affects and influences behaviour
- Demonstrate safe tactics, techniques and skills to support and safely guide low speed traffic and low intensity crowds
- Know the limitations of your role and your exit strategy.
Front line officers and staff who are regularly providing services and support in the community.