ENFORCEMENT & FIXED PENALTY NOTICES
If your organisation issues Fixed Penalty Notices [FPNs], is entering into enforcement activity, or requires your team to be updated on new areas of environmental or Anti-Social Behaviour enforcement, these courses can be formulated to suit your needs.
The courses introduce the principles of good enforcement practice and cover the relevant legislation and the impact of environmental issues and anti-social behaviour in line with the changes being introduced through the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014
This course highlights the benefits of Fixed Penalty Notices and the new notices being introduced through this legislation. It will identify how to issue warnings and notices effectively and safely.
This course enables you to:
- Understand the necessary systems and safeguards required for a penalty notice regime
- Know the implications of all actions in relation to human rights and equality
- Evidence gathering & interview skills (PACE requirements)
- Issue a Fixed Penalty Notice or notices under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act
- Know what precedents are being set by other organisations and the courts
- Understand the risks, limitations and defences for enforcing this legislation
All officers who are required or have authorisation to issue Penalty Notices or undertake enforcement activity.
One to two days