This course aims to increase awareness and understanding of the nature and impact of Domestic Violence and roles and responsibilities when faced with such a situation.
This course enables you to:
- Understand the nature and prevalence of Domestic Violence
- Review power and control dynamics
- Know the types of abuse and nature of abusive relationships
- Understand the impact on adult victims and children
- Recognise barriers to leaving
- Review myths, stereotypes and social tolerance of domestic abuse
- Know how to respond to disclosure
- Understand the impact of culture and diversity
- Know when and how to signpost and refer
Staff who regularly meet with families within a formal setting or through visiting households and where staff may deal with personal issues on behalf of one, both or all members of a family unit.