BEST PRACTICE: LAW, EVIDENCE & PROCEDURE
This course equips professionals with essential knowledge of law, evidence and procedure for their day-to-day roles in conducting investigations. Learn how to gather relevant, admissible and credible evidence to best-practice standards.
This course enables you to:
- Understand relevant legislation
- The Human Rights Act
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE)
- Understanding the use of different types of evidence
- How to gather evidence and maintain continuity of exhibits
- Distinguishing between facts, assumptions and opinions
- Best practice in record-keeping, note-taking and handling disclosure
Is helpful for:
Anyone who has regulatory, enforcement and/or prosecution responsibilities or is required to record and collate evidence.